Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Digital Signage At The Ballpark


One of my favorite summertime activities is attending a Cleveland Indians baseball game at Progressive Field. There I have a few hot dogs, some peanuts, a couple cold drinks, and teach my daughter the game of baseball.

Last night at the game, sadly another Tribe loss, something else came to my attention, "Digital Signage" is everywhere. Whether people know what this new medium is called or even understand the intricacies involved in its power, people are seeing the by-product of digital signage in their everyday lives. Everywhere I looked, there was Digital Signage. The Jumbotron on the huge scoreboard had players up-to-date stats, their hobbies, and other interesting personal facts. Trivia questions from the 1980's were being thrown at us between every inning, small children and even adults were shown dancing to stadium played music as they saw their faces on the large screen...even the Quicken Loans Arena across the street was using a huge Outdoor Digital Sign to promote upcoming concerts, including my daughters favorites, The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.


1 comment:

  1. Digital signage, in my opinion, has been a bit of a leap of faith on the part of both vendors and customers that implement the technology. By leap of faith I mean that we have been pressing along without the advantage of hard statistics generated from years of studies performed under the direction of similar or universal rules.

    Las Vegas Signs

    ReplyDelete